This Category relates to the “fully independent” business category, which relates to what would be considered as a permanent working permit in Andorra, without competing for a job on the labour market of Andorra. In fact, by the creation of a company the applicant becomes the director of this company, and even could employ local workers if required. This residency allows the applicant to participate in the local social security (CASS) however a clear and obvious commitment to be present within the Principality and actively working. (The applicant must commit to at least 183 days of the year to residing in Andorra).
All shareholders of the company who own more than 20% of the shares of the company will be responsible for a €15 000 deposit as a safeguard to bankruptcy (change of the initial law as from 2018).
Requirements for “Category D” Residency
- Police Reports from the country of origin, and the last country of residence.
- Proof of Civil Status*
- Passport Photo
- An Address within Andorra
- Documentation supporting the formation of an Andorran Company
- Proof of payment of the €15 000 deposit (Bank Transfer)
7 Months after obtaining this Residency, the applicant will be required to demonstrate that they are contributing to CASS (Andorran Social Security) and the documentation of the licensing of the company from the Parish in which they decide to locate the company.
- Even though Civil Status must be ascertained at the time of the Residency Application, direct relatives will not be able to join the applicant as a resident in Andorra until 12 months after the applicant’s original application has been successful.
What you must know?
- This Category is the most closely observed by Immigration Inspectors.
- Personal and Company Accounts must be opened in Andorran Banks, and both personal Taxes and Company Taxes must be lodged without fail.
- Dividends from Andorran Companies are Tax Exempt.